Black Desert Mobile (BDM) has finally released its English version. Some players are very excited about this game and want to try this game right after the release. This game was previously released for Korean, and many players played it in the Korean version. For you who are new in this game, you may need some guides about this game so you can catch up with the other players. So, here is the BDM basic guide for beginners you need to know.
- There are 5 classes so far, those are: Warrior (Balance, both attack and Defend), Hunter (DPS, High Physical Attack), Witch (DPS, High Magic Attack) Giant (Tank, High Defense), and Valkyrie (Balance and Support)
- It is a gender – locked, so you can’t change the gender of each class. They are Male Warrior, Female Hunter, Female Witch, Male Giant, and Female Valkyrie.
- You can customize the appearance of your character and the customization is very cool. You can customize the eyes, nose, lips, even the hair shape.
- You can create up to 6 characters in one account and all characters will share the same family name. Three slots are free, and you need Character Slot Expansion Coupon to unlock the other three slots.
- Your characters’ strength will be measured by CP (Combat Point)
- You can equip your character with some gears like Main Weapon, Sub-Weapon, Helmet, Armor, Gloves, Shoes, and Accessories (Ring, Necklace, Earrings, Belt, Bracelet)
- The grade of the equipment is divided into six grades: White, Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow, and Red. White is the lowest grade and Red is the highest grade. The higher the grade is, the better the stat they have.
- You can get the equipment from:
- Drop from field monster hunt (Small Chance)
- Buy it from the market (Quite expensive)
- Craft at the Blacksmith (Complete main story and build blacksmith in your camp)
- Gacha from Shakatu’s gear shop (requires Ancient gold coins). You can get the Ancient Gold Coins from Field hunting, Boss Rush and Ruins.
- You can enhance your equipment by using Black Stone. Different grades of Black Stones will have different rates and costs.
- There is a possibility of failure when you enhance your equipment, but you can recover the enhancement probability by spending silver, using enhancement pass or using memory fragments.
- For accessories, you can enhance your accessories by using an identical item and there is also a possibility of failure when you enhance them.
- There are some bonus effects when your equipment reaches a certain level of enhancement. For example, you will get bonus Attack +3 when all of your gear reach enhancement +15 or above)
- You can transfer the enhancement level to another gear with a certain transfer rate depends on the grade of the gear. You can increase the rate by using Cron Stones and remember, once the enhanced gear is transferred, it will be gone.
- You can equip your gears with Magic Crystal. The higher the grade of the Crystal is, the better the stat they have. Fuse three Crystals of the same grade into a new higher grade Crystal.
- You can obtain Crystals from field hunting, buying from NPC, or dungeon (Rune, and Boss Rush)
- Choose your equipment that has the most suitable stat with your class.
- Increase your level in order to unlock some new features that will help you increase your strength.
- The fastest way to increase your level is by finishing the quests. Focus on your Main quests, because it gives you high EXP and also some features requires you to finish a certain main quest. For example, the camp feature will be unlocked when you defeat the Red Nose Boss monster. Besides, your Black Spirit level will also increase along with the Main Quest.
- You can also increase your level by doing life skills (Foraging, Logging, Mining, Fishing), dungeon (Boss Rush, Ancient Rune), or field hunting.
- The Black Spirit feature is an interesting feature in this Black Desert Mobile game. Your journey will be accompanied by a Black Spirit and it can also increase your strength.
- Increase your Black Spirit level by absorbing your equipment or using Condensed Black Energy.
- The higher your Black Spirit level is the more bonus CP you will get. Besides, when the Black Spirit reaches a certain level, you can also unlock some interesting features.
- Equip your Black Spirit with Lightstone. These Lightstone will give you additional effects and stats that will strengthen your character.
- You can get the Lightstone from field hunting, dungeon (Boss Rush, and Ancient Ruin), or buy the fragments in Pearl Shop.
- Just like the Magic Crystal, you can fuse three Lightstone of the same grade into a new higher grade Lightstone.
- Take the Black Spirit quests every day to get tickets for Boss Rush and Ancient Ruin. You can take up to three Black Spirit quests a day.
- Black Spirit Mode: in this Black Spirit Mode, you can ask the Black Spirit to do a certain task like Hunting, Gathering, or Fishing while you are offline. The Black Spirit will keep collecting for up to 3 hours or until your inventory reaches 200% capacity. Use this feature when you are about to off the game.
Shop and Market
- You can find anything you need at the Shop, but most of them require you to spend real money and do recharge. So, what about a free player? You can still find some interesting stuff in this Shop.
- For your information, there are 3 types of in-game currencies:
- Silver: Silver can be obtained from field hunting, quests reward, selling items, etc. This currency is the easiest currency to get.
- Black Pearl: Black Pearl can be obtained from finishing the daily tasks, completing achievement and selling equipment.
- White Pearl: White Pearl can be obtained by recharge.
- You need to pay attention to some menus in the Shop like; Talish’s Shop, Addons and Social&Mileage.
- In Talish’s Shop, you can find some useful stuff, and fortunately, you can buy it by using Silver.
- The second one is in the Addons menu. In this menu, you can get a free accessory and if you are lucky, you can find some rare accessory and you can sell it at the market with a much higher price.
- The last one is the Social&Mileage menu. In this menu, you can spend your social token to buy a chest consist of Boss Stamp, Ancient Tablet, Restoration Scroll, Poor Black Stone, Fair Feed and Random Seed.
- In the market, you can buy some equipment you need, and you can also sell it. Some of them can be purchased using silver, and some using black pearl.
- Knowledge feature is like a diary book of your journey. By collecting the knowledge, you will get additional permanent stats. These stats are not only for your characters but also for your workers.
- You can collect the knowledge by killing certain monsters, talking to NPCs, or find the hidden knowledge. For more information about the hidden knowledge, you can go to the knowledge menu, Learn More, then go to Tip.
- The camp feature will be unlocked after you defeat the first boss “Red Nose” in the main story.
- In your camp, you can hire some workers that will help you collect the materials and build some buildings that will help you a lot.
- The type of building you can build will depend on the progress of your main story or requires certain buildings to reach a certain level.
- Upgrade your buildings as soon as possible.
Mount and Pet
- For now, there is only one type of mount in this game, which is a horse. You can tame a horse in the area that has Wild Horse Capture Area sign. For more information about how to tame a horse, you can visit here.
- You can combine two Max Level horses of the same tier to get another higher tier horse.
- When you go to the area that has Wild Horse Capture sign, go for it and try to catch as many horses as you can.
- Catch the horses, level them up, and then combine them to a new higher tier horse.
- For Pet, so far there are 3 kinds of pets. Those are dogs, cats, and birds.
- You will be given a dog pet as your first pet, and you need white pearls to get another one. Or if you’re lucky, someone will sell it in the market, and you can buy it using silver.
- Just like mount, if you want to get a higher tier pet, you need to max its level then you combine it with a pet of the same tier.
- There is a PK (Player Killing) mode in this Black Desert game. In this game, they call it Outlaw Mode.
- You can active the Outlaw Mode from the menu beside the map. When it is activated, you have to wait 10 min before you deactivate it.
- When you are in Outlaw Mode, you will get additional Buff: Combat EXP +5%, Field item Drop Rate +5%.
- Use this Outlaw Mode when you want to go for field hunting to collect some items. You can go for a quiet area, find the best spot, then you can hunt with additional Buff (Combat EXP +5%, Field item Drop Rate +5%).
Those are some tips of the BDM basic guide for beginners. I hope with this guide, you can compete with other players at the beginning of the game.
BDM Basic Guide
BDM Basic Guide
BDM Basic Guide
BDM Basic Guide
BDM Basic Guide