Movies and video making have become very popular hobby for now. Especially for people who want to be a Youtuber or film maker. Some people are still a newbie in this field and want to learn more about video making. For those people, an easy video editing software will become very important tool to learn about video making. There are many video editing software for windows that you can find out there, but which one is free, which one is easier, and what is the pros and cons? Here is a list of top 5 free video editing software for windows.
Blender is an Opensource video editing software that is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. This software quite easy to use for video editing, and also 3D modeling. Besides, this software can also be used to create animation and video game.
- Free, Open source
- Many features like 3D modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, and many more.
- Friendly interface
- Small Size
- Can directly upload to Youtube
- This software is more advance for beginner user
- The tutorials are more focus on the 3D making, animation or video games making.
- As a 3D maker sotware, the features are not as many as 3D Max
Supported video File: (.mpg, .mpeg, .dvd, .vob, .mp4, .avi, .mov, .dv, .ogg, .ogv, .mkv, .flv, .wav, .mp3
- Processor: 32-bit dual core 2 GHz CPU with SSE2 support
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics card: OpenGL 2.1 compatible card with 512 MB video RAM
- Display: 1280×768 pixels, 24-bit color
- OpenGL version: 1.4 (Blender 2.76 and earlier)
Videopad is an easy video editing software developed by NCH Software with friendly interface for beginner. This software has many features that will support you in your video editing process. For a simple software, this Videopad software can make your video look like a professional video.
- Very easy to use for beginner
- Many features to support your video editing
- Small Size
- Can upload to Youtube
- Need activation code to access the full version
- No automatic video creator, video template, and slideshow
Supported video File: (avi, mpeg, wmv, divX, Xvid, mp4, mov, vob, ogm, H.264, RM and more)
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 2.00GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 510
Windows Movie Maker
Windows movie maker is a video editing software by Microsoft. It is a part of Windows Essentials software suite. This software is simple and easy to use.
- Easy to use
- Free, and very lightweight
- Very friendly for beginners
- Has downloadable extra plugins
- Many basic features
- Frequent Crash
- Not for advance users
- There is only one video and audio track
Supported video File: (WMV/.ASF, MPG (MPEG-1), AVI (DV-AVI), WMA, WAV, and MP3)
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional
- Processor: Intel Pentium III, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Athlon, or equivalent processor
- Memory: 128 MB RAM
- 2 gigabytes (GB) of free hard disk space
Wondershare Filmora video editor is a professional video editing software with many advance features for advance users.
- It is suitable for beginner and advance users
- Has many basic and advance features
- Has free music, and sound effect
- Can upload directly to Youtube
- A lot of tutorials available
- The software quite heavyweight
- Need registration for unlimited use
Supported video file: (AVI, DV, DIF, NUT, H261, H264, NSV, FLV, MKV, MP4, M4V, PSP, 3GP, MOV, MPG, MPEG, VOB, DAT, EVO, TS, TP, TRP, M2TS, WMV, ASF, DVR-MS)
- Supported OS: Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 (64 bit OS))
- Processor: Intel i3 or better multicore processor, 2GHz or above
- RAM: At least 3GB physical RAM (8GB required for HD and 4K videos)
- Disk: At least 2GB free hard-disk space for installation (SSD-Solid State Disk recommended for editing HD and 4K videos)
- Screen Resolution: 1366*768 or better
Openshot is a free, simple and easy video editing software. It is recommended for beginners and people who has want to learn video editing.
- Simple and Easy to use
- Has many features
- The interface is very friendly
- No detail tutorial from the official team
- Not recommended for advance user
- Slow video rendering
- 64-bit Operating System (Linux, OS X, Windows 7/8/10)
- 4GB of RAM (16GB recommended)
- 500 MB of hard-disk space
Those are top 5 free video editing software 2019. Learn some video editing skills by using these video editing software. If you think you want to go further with advance video editing features, you can find some premium video editing software to support your skill.
Hope this article is helpful. Thank you